- Printing presses
Elastic Support of Printing Presses
Owing to their high-speed rolls, rotary printing presses cause vibrations In the machine itself as well as in its foundation. Therefore, in many cases right up to the present a large concrete foundation is foreseen which can be placed on piles should the subsoil be unsatisfactory.
Settling and torsion of the foundation and thereby of the machine as a result of these vibrations are supposed to be kept to a minimum through these measures. To isolate high-frequency structureborne noise, some pad materials are also sometimes used although these are only slightly elastic. Even with theses precautionary means, however, settling cannot be strictly ruled out. Besides, inadmissible vibrations can be transferred via the foundation into the surroundings and may there affect the plant personnel and the environment. In extreme cases the vibrations can even be damaging to parts of the plant building.
In order to prevent these effects it is necessary that a dynamic uncoupling be made between the machine and the building itself by means of an elastic support. GERB spring units in combination with Viscodampers® are especially well suited for this:
- Owing to the uncoupling with a highvibration-isolating effect between machineand structure, the subsoil is onlystatically loaded. Settling as a result ofmachine vibrations is ruled out.
- Settling which is externally caused can be quickly andeasily counteracted at any timewith highly elastic support. Forthis purpose GERB spring elementsare made pre-stressable sothat with the help of small hydraulicjacks inserted into the springelements, steel shims can easilybe put into the gap between thecompressed spring element andthe spring-supported machine.
You may also be interested in...
- Vibration isolation of power plant at iconic Melbourne building by Visotech Australia (under Latest News)
Visotech Australia is a leading provider of vibration solutions for plant and equipment, buildings and bridges.
- Visotech supplies vibration isolation system to major hospital power plant (under Latest News)
The use of GERB vibration isolation systems greatly reduces the vibrations from the generator sets traveling into the supporting structure.
- Connect with VISOTECH
- Featured projects
Northern Power Station, NSW - Spring supports of coal crusher units.
- Steam turbines (under Machinery and equipment)
The elastic support system for turbine generator foundations has been widely accepted during the past 30 years by the industry.