- Floating slab track
Vibration Isolation by Floating Slab Track Systems
GERB Floating Slab Systems are successfully installed in tunnels, above ground, and on elevated rail tracks.
Different types of springs and spring elements are available to meet the requirements set by the respective conditions on site and by the type of trains, including:
- urban mass transit systems,
- heavy freight trains,
- high-speed passenger trains.
Due to the high elasticity of the steel the springs, GERB floating track slabs combine two essential features:
- highest possible efficiency ofisolation
- a cost-saving low constructionheight.
GERB Floating Slab Track Systems make a classical "Heavy" Mass-Spring-System look old.
There is no longer need to waste space and money on massive and bulky concrete slabs requiring spacious and expensive tunnels.
In addition, they offer a number of benefits by a simple and cost saving installation.
You may also be interested in...
- Visotech supplies vibration isolation system to major hospital power plant (under Latest News)
The acoustic engineers on this project specified the use of GERB vibration isolation systems for the power plant.
- Another order for Yallourn Power station (under Latest News)
- Pipework dampers (under Machinery and equipment)
Piping systems in power - or chemical plants are complex dynamic structures.
- Steam turbines (under Machinery and equipment)
The elastic support system for turbine generator foundations has been widely accepted during the past 30 years by the industry.
- Crushers, mills and shredders (under Machinery and equipment)
This foundation will also increase the overall stiffness and stability of the system.